This course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to correctly pre-assess, lift, carry and lower objects. It will identify best health and safety practice.
- Carry out a manual handling risk assessment
- Perform the correct steps of safe manual handling
- Perform specific Manual Handling tasks competently to a recognised standard
- Identify ergonomic factors associated with their work activities
Who is the course for
- Employees who are required to lift objects as part of their work
- Anatomy of the spine
- Fitness and flexibility requirements
- Specific hazards relevant to the workplace
- Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Procedures for dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Practical Training & Techniques (lifting and handling of goods and materials).