Helping businesses in the North West to upskill and add to core skillsets
What we do
- We organise training courses for businesses in the North West of Ireland.
- We only organise courses that employers want to attend, the members decide on all of the training that we are involved in.
- We fund all of the training by 30% making it cheaper for everyone to attend.
- We can organise to have training delivered in your business, at a time that is convenient to you and your staff.
- We encourage groups of employers to send their staff to courses, making it cheaper for everyone. It is also an opportunity for business owners and staff to meet other people with similar interests.
- We organise some networking events for business owners and employees. So if you are interested in these please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you on our mailing list.
- We help employers to think through and plan the training needs of their staff.
- We source qualified trainers for the courses that employers want. We can also work with trainers that businesses have good relationships with.
About Skillnet Ireland
Enhancing management capacity, particularly in SMEs, is key priority for all Skillnet Ireland networks. In addition to the programmes our network delivers, Skillnet Ireland has a suite of Management Development Programmes available to help business owners and managers improve business performance and enable businesses achieve better results. Click here for more information on the Skillnet Ireland website.
Tech NorthWest Skillnet primarily focuses on supporting those in employment within the technology sector in the North West region. Whilst our key focus is on the needs of member companies, we also offer a small number of fully-funded programmes for jobseekers, subject to eligibility criteria and places being available on the programme.
We offer a limited number of FREE places to those who are unemployed and seeking to increase their employment prospects through up-skilling in relevant training. If you are currently unemployed, you may be eligible to attend training with Tech NorthWest Skillnet with no charge or impact on your social welfare payments or benefits (for those who are in receipt of such payments). Click eligibility criteria for more details.
Tech NorthWest supports the workforce development needs of businesses within the Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim. We offer a small number/selection of industry-led and fully funded programmes for people who are not in employment, subject to eligibility criteria and the availability of places. If you are currently not in employment and wish to upskill or reskill, click here for details of Skills Connect training for people seeking employment.
Further details of Skills Connect and the eligibility criteria can be found on the SkillnetIreland website https://www.skillnetireland.ie/skills-connect/
We have used the services of the network to train a number of our staff. Our senior staff did a brilliant course in Leadership which helped us greatly. We regularly use the network for IT and Health and Safety training. It is great to have quality training provided locally. And our staff really benefit from training with people from other businesses.
Tech NorthWest Skillnet has provided us with exceptional support and training in recent years, which has enabled us to remain competitive in a shifting Technology sector. Our employees have availed of fantastic opportunities to up-skill as a result of this valuable partnership with the Network, specifically in the area of specialist vendor education.
We engage with the Tech NorthWest Skillnet for both training provision and networking opportunities. The training delivered enables many of our members companies to up-skill their staff in a cost effective way. The networking events have also proved very helpful in making valuable business contacts. Our partnership with Tech NorthWest Skillnet is a key relationship for our members.